Swimming in an ocean of thoughts.....

Ask me no questions and i shall tell you no lies :)

Thursday, April 10, 2014

J – Jack Sparrow ~ A-Z Blogger Challenge 2014

Talk about the predictably unpredictable fictional characters and the first name that comes to mind is Jack Sparrow! Well, I stand corrected, Capt Jack Sparrow! I am not sure at what point this character mesmerized me so much, that I made my son a pirate in his fancy dress competition. Yes, a crazy mom is what people would call me. But let me tell you, I am more than fascinated with his deep mystical persona that resides underneath those stinky clothes, unwashed and beaded tresses and stained teeth. Capt Jack Sparrow is indeed, one handful which you would know, if you watch the Pirates of the Caribbean series.


Known to be every government official’s enemy and every pirate’s envy (talk about his first mate, Barbossa who finds occasions to maroon Jack on every uninhabited island they come across), Jack Sparrow is indeed, the most sought after pirate in the series, most wanted would be appropriate though. In his quest to gain control over his beloved Black Pearl which he keeps losing to Barbossa time and again, this witty pirate faces umpteen hurdles, of which he treats none like one. Escaping any situation from where there is no way out, comes easily to him. His words play the best minds and confuse them to the hilt. His actions are spontaneous, yet well planned in his head. His charm works its way into the deepest crevices of hardened hearts of even witches like Calypso. Needless to say, every woman he comes across, is enchanted with him!

Despite being a notorious pirate that he claims to be, his humility towards life and his wisdom camouflaged often by his wit, is reflected in his conversation with his loyal mate, Gibbs in the fourth installment of the movie: Pirates of the Caribbean (On Stranger Tides)

Gibbs: “Jack, I have to ask you! You had the chalices, the water, and the tear. You could’ ve lived, maybe forever”

Jack: The Fountain of youth does test you, Gibbs. But better to not know which moment may be your last, every morsel of your entire being alive to the infinite mystery of it all. And who is to say I won’t live forever, eh? Discoverer of the Fountain of Youth. I have no say in it, Gibbs. It is a pirate’s life for me. Savvy?”


Savvy indeed!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home