Swimming in an ocean of thoughts.....

Ask me no questions and i shall tell you no lies :)

Friday, March 29, 2013

Chapter 11: The first streak of light at the end of a dark tunnel..... ~ Chapters from my life

19th March 2013:



The next morning, I woke up in excruciating pain. There was a severe pain in my throat. Something that was rude enough to make me feel a burning sensation in my throat each time I attempted swallowing my own saliva. The pain continued to increase in full swing making it difficult for me to sleep. And as I moaned in pain, I called for a nurse. The regular nurse Sister Vincy (my favorite), a 20 something nurse who attended me many times, smiled when she saw me complaining about a sore throat. She shook me hard and said, “Narayani, smile.....you are feeling pain in your throat. Which means, you are responding to the treatment! Praise the Lord!”
I sat up suddenly and called out my mom. And the nasal twine had reduced. My voice was clearer. I smiled for the first time. And this time, the smile came with a lot of happy tears. My parents kissed me. My husband and my son hugged me tight. The pain was there and it kept increasing in my throat. But for the first time, I found a friend in it. It made me resilient. It made me tough. It prepared me mentally for the next horrendous cycles of plasma pherasis. I knew there were dark days ahead. But now, I knew I had to keep going till the end. For the first time, I tasted the sweetness of the thing called pain.....The day that brought hope finally ended. I slept sans dreams for the first time in a span of 10 days.....
Lines on that day: Every small drop of success gives you tonnes of strength in the most vulnerable moments.....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home